The Ardrossan ferry run by Cal-Mac leaves at 7.00am, getting in to Brodick at 7.55am.
- There is no 7.00am ferry on a Sunday.
- Our Clubhouse opens for food at 10am during the summer, and has a great selection of breakfast items. Breakfast is also available on the ferry.
There is no direct bus over the String to Blackwaterfoot from this boat. If you take the South end bus, it leaves at 8.05 am from the ferry terminal and you arrive at Blackwaterfoot at 9.15am. It is a 5 minute walk from the bus stop in Blackwaterfoot to Shiskine GTC. This would allow you to have your first tee time at around 9.30am.
If you have a car or hire a taxi / minibus from Brodick off the early boat – the direct journey over the String road takes 25 minutes. Thus you could have your first tee time at around 8.40am.
It takes approx. 2 hours 15 minutes for a round at Shiskine.
This means there is time to play your morning round and then have a relaxing lunch up in the Clubhouse.
You would be looking to tee off in the afternoon between about 12.30pm and 1.00pm depending on the size of your party.
On finishing your second round, a hired taxi / minibus to Brodick, will get you to the ferry port in time to catch the 4.40pm boat back to Ardrossan. Make sure you are at Brodick before 4.30pm. You should arrive back in Ardrossan at 5.35pm.
The service bus across the String Road leaves Blackwaterfoot at 3.40pm on a non-school day & 3.57pm on a school day.
If you feel you want a little more time the next boat from Brodick to Ardrossan is at 7.20pm and arrives in Ardrossan at 8.15pm. The bus for this boat leaves Blackwaterfoot going over the String Road at 6.25pm.
- All in all a great day out.
- The cost for 2 rounds in 2019 is £40 during the week and £45 at the weekend.
- Please give us a call 01770 860 226 if you would like some more information.